Lightweight Expanded Clay Media is a natural material used for Green Roof Systems
Green roof systems are becoming increasingly popular for commercial, governmental and private residential buildings for a number of reasons:
- In urban areas they help purify the air by converting carbon dioxide into oxygen and by trapping pollutants.
- A green roof system helps insulate a building during
both heating and cooling season, which for large buildings can mean considerable savings.
- Political – In the current international climate, it is good practice to actively promote a green image.
As demand for green roof installations increases so does the use of pumice as a substrate in both the intensive and extensive systems. Reasons for this include:
- Improved soil aeration
- Moisture retention
- Long lifespan
- Thermal properties help insulate a building helping conserve energy
- Improves and controls drainage to avoid run off
- Promotes root growth
- Environmentally friendly
- Air quality improvement
- Noise reduction – acts as a sound barrier from industrial units below
Habitat for wildlife
Our Lava Rock grades 0-4mm and 4-16mm are recommended for use in this application.
For further information please do not hesitate to contact us.